Dieses Forum nutzt Cookies
Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies, um deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, wenn du registriert bist, und deinen letzten Besuch, wenn du es nicht bist. Cookies sind kleine Textdokumente, die auf deinem Computer gespeichert werden. Die von diesem Forum gesetzten Cookies werden nur auf dieser Website verwendet und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Cookies aus diesem Forum speichern auch die spezifischen Themen, die du gelesen hast und wann du zum letzten Mal gelesen hast. Bitte bestätige, ob du diese Cookies akzeptierst oder ablehnst.

Ein Cookie wird in deinem Browser unabhängig von der Wahl gespeichert, um zu verhindern, dass dir diese Frage erneut gestellt wird. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen jederzeit über den Link in der Fußzeile ändern.

how to only display the first line of each cell
I have a problem with a table, consisting of one column with data. The data is like

Product1 Information1 (next line) Information2 (next line)

Product 2

Product 3 Informrmation1 (next line) Information2 (next line) Information3 (next line)

As you can see there are a different number of informationlines in each cell. All I want is the same table, but only with the first line of each Cell.... I tried a combination of the a LEFT and FIND function but the result was not good enaugh.
The table is created with a VBA code using the advanced filter option on another table in a different worksheet.
Code:
Sub Advanced_Filter()

Worksheets("Tabelle1").Range("A8:A30").Clear

Sheets("Hirata Bestellformular").Range("Tabelle3[[#Headers],[#Data]]"). _
   AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Sheets( _
   "Hirata Bestellformular").Range("I6:I7"), CopyToRange:=Range("A7:A8"), _
   Unique:=False

End Sub

If I use formulas like =LEFT(A9;FIND(CHAR(10);A9)-1) there will of course be an error on cells with only 1 line....
I'd love an idea on how to get my problem solved and every help is very appreciated:)
PS: I'd prefer a method I can include in the creation of the table (the code displayed above) if thats possible. If someone has other methods to get this over with Ill also be happy to use them.
Kind regards
hellownero
Antworten Top
Hi Hellownero,

how about a error handler in your formula

=IFERROR(LEFT(A9;FIND(CHAR(10);A9)-1);A9)

Regards

Lb1972
[-] Folgende(r) 1 Nutzer sagt Danke an LB1972 für diesen Beitrag:
  • hellownero
Antworten Top
(04.08.2017, 12:36)LB1972 schrieb: Hi Hellownero,

how about a error handler in your formula

=IFERROR(LEFT(A9;FIND(CHAR(10);A9)-1);A9)

Regards

Lb1972
you are a god and saved me lol thanks so much
Antworten Top

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste